Last March, ProHEALTH Care Associates and ProHEALTH Dental held a joint Health Fair to offer a variety of screenings for the community. Using the latest technology, ProHEALTH Dental provided free oral cancer screenings at our Lake Success office and found that a significant number of those screened had suspicious findings and were referred to our specialists for further evaluation. As part of our commitment to educating the community about the links between oral health and overall health and wellness, we want to give you the facts about oral cancer.
Did You Know?
According to the Oral Cancer Foundation:
- Fewer than 15%-25% of those who regularly visit their dentist receive an oral cancer screening.
- 132 Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer each day.
- One person dies from oral cancer ever hour.
- Men are twice as likely to develop oral cancer as women.
- Although most cases are seen in those over 40, more cases are being seen among younger people, probably due to the links between oral cancer and tobacco / alcohol consumption.
The good news?
There is an 80%-90% survival rate when detected early!
What is ProHEALTH Dental doing about it?
We are now including oral cancer screenings using the latest technology in all of our hygiene visits – NO ADDITIONAL FEE. Take good care of your health and Make an appointment today.
Need a free consultation? Contact us at 855-PHD-CARE or fill out our appointment request form.
Dr. Neil Karnofsky
Chief Dental Officer / Periodontist
Lake Success | Long Island City | Howard Beach
More offices coming soon!